Ultralight Wind Shell
Breathable weather shell for fastpacking and trail running
Beta Series Apparel Pattern
- Modern wind shell sewing pattern with optional zippered hand pockets
- High collar and tight fitting hood that won't blow off in wind
- Raglan style sleeves with no seam on top of shoulder
- Men's sizing with small, medium, and large options included
- Highly packable and as UL as they come... less than 3 ounces!
- Pattern is easy to customize for features or fit
Body Measurements and Fit Guide
The UL Wind Shell is designed to be part of a layering system. Generous ease is provided for breathability and movement over form-fitted active insulation layers.
|Body Measurement (inches)||Small||Medium||Large|
Beta Series patterns are tested and complete sewing patterns, available to the community to gauge interest and gather feedback. They are provided with basic instructions yet limited variations. Depending on popularity, a full video sewalong may or may not be created. While a beginner can make this project, it shouldn't be your first sewing project. Grading between sizes may be required for perfect fit.
Downloadable PDF sewing pattern includes
- Print at home pattern suitable for both Letter and A4 sized paper
- Large format pattern for 48" roll feed or A0 sized paper
- Seam allowance instructions and basic construction order of operations
- Men's/unisex small, medium, and large sizes
Valid email address required for download link and revisions for this specific pattern.
A sampling of fabrics are listed to spark your imagination. Bold fabrics were used in my build.
|Fabric Panel||Options||Length (Width)|
|Shell||1.0oz HyperD uncal, 20D ripstop nylon uncal, 0.66 oz Membrane 10||2 yd (58-60")|
|Bias Binding||Recommend same fabric as shell, bias tape, or serger||0.5 yd (58-60")|
|Main Zipper||Designed for YKK #3. Waterproof zipper, Coil jacket zipper||>= 30 inches|
Learn more about technical fabrics, recommendations, and trusted suppliers in our Fabrics Guide