Every Day Fanny Pack
Every Day Series Sewing Pattern
Pattern and Materials
Downloadable PDF sewing pattern includes
- Print at home pattern suitable for both Letter and A4 sized paper
- Detailed step-by-step sewing instructions accompanied by sewalong video
- List of recommended materials
Valid email address required for download link
- Sturdy body fabric such as Cordura 500d, XPAC VX21, or Waxed Canvas
- Lightweight lining fabric for inner pockets and liner
- Optional: fun patterned fabric for front of pack, cotton or stretchy work well
- 1" webbing and hardware such as adjustable quick release buckle
- Two zippers, YKK #5 recommended. See Zip Sack Instructions for more information.
Follow steps 1 - 5 in the pattern instructions.
Alternative instructions step 6 and 7.
- Fold panel along fold line. Wrong sides out, stitch bottom and short edges. Do not stitch edge with seam mark "C".
- Flip right side out. Seam rip a small opening for webbing.
- Insert the webbing inside wing and box stitch to secure.
- Depending on your hardware, now may be the time to install it.
- Baste the wing to the back panel. Double check to orient the hardware correctly.
- See photo for finished Wing.
Tips for curves, step 8 and 9
- Wrong sides out, pin your panels aligning seam marks, and begin to sew perimeter.
- Take your time, sewing tight curves gets easier with patience and practices.
- Tip: I find it helpful to start stitching along the top and bottom seam marks so any bunching happens in the corners or along shorter sides.
- Tip: Shorten your stitch length around the curves.
- Flip your fanny pack right side out through the top zipper.
- Closely inspect and correct any mistakes or misalignment with a seam ripper. No shame!
- Depending on your fabric choices, stop seam fray by edge binding or fuse with a Bic lighter.
- Finish off by installing hardware and install cord pulls to silence jingly bits.