When the venerable Everyday Fanny Pack just won't do, reach for the Chonky Sling.
- Symmetrical shape and removable strap for ambidextrous wear
- 3D front zipper pocket and internal organization pockets
- Inspired strap system self compresses the bag without fiddly adjusters or hooks
- External stretchy bottle pocket with secure cord channel
- Foam lined side, bottom, and back panels for structure and padding precious cargo
- Thicc! Over 6L capacity with additional volume in front and bottle pockets
- Easily customizable internal organizers, cell dividers, or external attachments
- Main compartment measures approximately 7 x 14 x 4 inches (18 x 36 x 10 cm)
- Bottle pocket is designed for 24 fl oz smartwater® bottle but is easily adjustable in length
Sewing Skill Level - Intermediate to Advanced
Chonky Sling is a challenging project as you'll be sewing multiple slippery fabric layers, zippers with linings, shaping darts, working around floating foam panels, and precisely sewing curved seams. Chonky Sling can of course be simplified to suit your skill level and tools by omitting linings and foam panels but where's the fun in that? That said, a poor maker blames their tools. I'm sure an experienced bag maker can work through this project. A walking foot attachment and extension table is recommended. While the instructions detail every step, familiarity with sewing terms and construction techniques is expected. If comfortable making the Everyday Fanny Pack and/or the Bikepacking Frame Bag set, the Chonky Sling provides a nice progression in skill.