- With wrong sides out, fold the sack so the zipper is pressed in half along the long edge. From an end, this creates the shape shown ->
- Take care to smooth out the corners so the ends are square and symmetric.
- Measure your desired width and height as shown. Again keep everything square and symmetric.
- Stitch two seams as shown along the dashed lines (5) and (6). Make sure your seams are perpendicular to the seam from the previous step.
- Repeat on the opposite end.
- Before trimming your corners, flip your sack right side out and ensure your zipper runs evenly down the middle of pouch.
If everything went to plan, you can now trim your corners. To prevent fraying, take the time to bind your seams with bias tape or grosgrain ribbon.
Congrats! You now have a functional zip pouch, hand made to your exact dimensions!